Mumbai: Symbol of Bollywood, Batata Vada & More
The city of Mumbai is synonymous with Bollywood, and this city has witnessed the journey of many Bollywood stars. Every year, Mumbai, the city of dreams, welcomes millions of aspiring stars who are hoping to make it big. Now such big dreams can’t be dreamt with an empty stomach. So, how about taking a break from the big screen ambition and returning to reality to taste the delicious dishes that Mumbai has to offer? Confused about where to start? We have got your back. You only have to choose your favourite restaurant and order food online in Mumbai. There are several food delivery apps which deliver the food to your doorstep within minutes so that you can have a good night’s sleep after a hearty meal and focus on your aspiration after proper sleep.
So, young aspiring stars, want to follow in the footsteps of your favourite Bollywood celebs? How about knowing their favourite restaurants and placing a food order online in Mumbai from such a restaurant? Sounds cool, doesn’t it? So, let’s get started!
Popular restaurants where Bollywood celebs love to dine
These are some of the popular restaurants where Bollywood stars prefer to dine whenever they get some free time from their busy shoots and promotional appearances.
- Ministry of Crab: One of the most popular seafood restaurants in Mumbai, this is a hip place which is always in the limelight due to the frequent visit of Bollywood stars. In fact, this restaurant was even featured in the Netflix Reality Show, the Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives. Don’t let the name of the restaurant fool you – not only does it have a wide range of crabs to offer, such as crab curry and pepper crabs, but it has a rich collection of other seafood offerings as well. You will also be mesmerized by the stellar dessert collection that the restaurant has to offer.
- PALI Village Café: Some popular Bollywood stars often spotted here are Kareena Kapoor, Arbaaz Khan, Jacqueline Fernandes, and the likes. This café is popular for its rustic interior and delicious servings of seafood and desserts.
- Bastian: Bastian, currently with its outlets in Bandra West and Worli, is chef Kevin Cheung’s seafood haven. This restaurant is a hot favourite of Bollywood couples when they are looking for dinner options in a romantic ambience. This restaurant is a delight for all those foodies who are a fan of seafood, and it is popular for its menu options, such as Crab Thermidor. Another signature dish is vegetarian dumplings served in red wine vinegar and chilli oil. You will also be spoilt for choices with dessert options like donuts and cakes, where cheesecakes and pull-up cakes are the favourites.
- Olive bar and kitchen: This restaurant is famous not only for its delicious European cuisine but also for its star-studded client list of popular Bollywood celebs. If you follow the posts of the paparazzi, you will often come across posts where the Bollywood stars are often posing against the white-washed interiors of this more than a decade-old café. Brother sister duo of Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Ali Khan or other Bollywood divas like Deepika Padukone or Kareena Kapoor Khan are almost spotted having dinner here.
- Bayroute: This is a popular choice among celebrities when they are looking for dining options with their family. This restaurant serves popular Middle Eastern dishes like Mediterranean, Egyptian, Turkish, Greek, and Arabian cuisine.
- Kitchen Garden by Suzette: A popular eatery option for both vegans as well as for those who are not, this place has a lot to offer to both categories of people. This restaurant has a fan base of popular celebs such as Katrina Kaif, Ishaan Khattar, Malaika Arora, and many others
- Hakkasan: This restaurant in Mumbai, which is known for its Chinese restaurant, is often visited by the big stars of Bollywood and is a crowd puller of the Bollywood’s who’s who. Popular celebs like Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Ranbir Kapoor, Karan Johar, and Sonakshi Sinha have often seen dining here.
- Yauatcha: Do you want to know where the Bollywood stars go when they are in the mood to try some delicious, mouth-watering momos? You can often spot Sanjay Dutt with his wife, as well as the entire Bachchan family enjoying the delicious pan-Asian cuisine.
Okay, now that you know the places from where you can order food online in Mumbai, let us acquaint you with some of the popular food options of Mumbai, which will definitely satisfy your hunger pangs
- Batata Vada: This is the most popular street food in Mumbai, which is available in almost all food joints in Mumbai. Potatoes, in Marathi, are called batata, and vada translates to fried snack. These batter-coated stuff potato fritter dumplings are the first snack options that you must try once you are in Mumbai.
- Puran Poli: This dish is a twist on the paranthas and is a popular dessert in Maharashtra. The stuffing is made of yellow gram, flour, jaggery powder, cardamom powder, and ghee.
- Aamti: It is a Maharashtrian dal which has emerged as a comfort dish. A simple recipe, this dish is rich in proteins and is extremely good for your health. This dish is popular not only in Maharashtra but also in the neighbouring states of Goa and Karnataka.
- Rassa: This is a Maharashtrian food that is a preparation of fish, chicken, mutton, or any other seafood. Rassa denotes a juicy preparation, and there are several varieties of this dish, such as the Taambde rassa, which is made of Kolhapuri chillies. Another popular variation is the Matnacha rassa, which is a red curry mutton preparation.
This is just the introduction to Maharashtrian cuisine. Visit Swiggy to unlock the full Maharashtrian platter. Place an online order of your favourite food in Mumbai to enjoy a lip-smacking meal at the most affordable price.