Average IELTS Scores At The Best Universities In the UK
The IELTS score is one of the most important factors in determining whether or not you’ll be able to study at a top university in the UK. To ensure that you have the best chance of being accepted into your chosen institution, it’s essential that you understand what the average IELTS score is for students at each of the top universities. In this article, we’ll look at the average IELTS scores for students at the ten best universities in the UK, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020. We’ll also provide some tips on improving your IELTS 2022 score so that you have the best possible chance of getting into your admission to your dream universities.
Why should students focus on IELTS?
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, and it’s one of the most widely-recognized English proficiency tests in the world. If you’re hoping to study at a university where English is the primary language of instruction, then you’ll almost certainly be required to take the IELTS 2022 exam. The test is designed to assess your ability to use and understand English at a necessary level for academic success.
There are two versions of the IELTS exam: the Academic version, which is for students who want to study at a university, and the General Training version, which is for students who want to migrate to an English-speaking country. If you’re planning to study at a university in the UK, you’ll need to take the Academic version of the IELTS exam.
The IELTS exam is made up of four sections: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Each section is worth 25 points, for a total possible score of 100 points.
Click here – The Different Types of Boxing Gloves and Their Uses
Is IELTS important for STEM admissions too?
IELTS score is important for students hoping to study any subject at a university in the UK, including STEM subjects. However, it’s worth noting that many universities will also accept other English proficiency tests, such as the TOEFL or PTE.
What is the average IELTS score for students at UK universities?
Now let’s take a look at the average IELTS scores for students at each of the ten best universities in the UK, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020. These rankings are based on various factors, including teaching quality, research excellence, and international outlook.
- The University of Oxford: 7.5
- The University of Cambridge: 7.4
- Imperial College London: 7.3
- University College London: 7.2
- The London School of Economics and Political Science: 7.1
- Durham University: 7.0
- The University of Edinburgh: 6.9
- King’s College London: 6.9
- The University of Manchester: 6.8
- The University of Bristol: 6.7
Tips for Improving your IELTS Score
If you’re not happy with your IELTS score, don’t despair! You can do several things to improve your score and increase your chances of being admitted to your dream university.
Here are some tips for improving your IELTS score:
- Get plenty of practice: The best way to prepare for the IELTS exam is to get plenty of practice. There are several online resources that you can use to get practise questions and test your skills.
- Take a course: If you want to improve your score as quickly as possible, you may want to consider taking an IELTS 2022 preparation course. These courses are designed to help you improve your English language skills and familiarize yourself with the IELTS exam format.
- Hire a tutor: Another option is to hire a tutor who can help you prepare for the IELTS 2022 exam. A tutor can give you personalized feedback and help you identify areas where you need to improve.
- Get some rest: It’s important that you’re well-rested on the day of the IELTS 2022 exam. Make sure to get a good night’s sleep before the test and avoid drinking caffeine on exam day .
- Relax: It’s also important that you stay calm and relaxed on the day of the IELTS exam. If you feel anxious, take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that you’re prepared.
As you can see, the average IELTS score for students at the top universities in the UKs is quite high. If you’re hoping to study at one of these institutions, you’ll need to make sure that you score well on the IELTS exam. We hope this article has been helpful. Good luck with your IELTS preparation!